L&Q Group | Leading Housing Association & Residential Developer

Contents vs. Buildings - how do I know what's what?

'Contents insurance' covers anything you would take with you when you move to a new property, such as furniture, personal belongings, flooring like carpets, some vinyl and laminate, electronics and white goods not built in.

The ‘Buildings insurance’ covers the main structure of your home which includes outbuildings, garages, roofs, floors and walls as well as any fitted or permanent fixtures, such as kitchens, bathrooms or integrated appliances.

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry you didn't find this answer useful. Please tell us why this was the case so we can improve our response.

We can't reply to your feedback so please don't include any personal details.