L&Q Group | Leading Housing Association & Residential Developer

How do I end the benefit claims of someone who has passed away?

You can end all benefit claims by reporting the death to the 'tell us once service' on the DWP website.

If you don't have access online, you can call the DWP bereavement service on 0800 731 0469.

At the same time, the Bereavement Service can do a benefits check to find out if the next of kin qualifies for bereavement benefits or funeral payment.

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry you didn't find this answer useful. Please tell us why this was the case so we can improve our response.

We can't reply to your feedback so please don't include any personal details.