How do I prevent pests?
Pests such as rats, mice, ants, cockroaches, bed bugs and fleas are attracted to homes because of the supply of food, water, warmth and shelter.
To prevent pests from entering your property, you should:
• dispose of rubbish properly, placing it in containers with secure lids
• keep any stored food in airtight containers
• keep your kitchen worktops and cupboards clean
• vacuum floors right up to the skirting boards
• treat your pets with a flea prevention product
• keep your garden tidy
• avoid leaving pet food out overnight
If you're experiencing a pest problem, please report it online or by calling our customer service centre on 0300 456 9996.