L&Q Group | Leading Housing Association & Residential Developer

I've signed a mutual exchange but no longer want to move. Can I cancel the exchange and stay in my home?

if you no longer want to move, you could possibly cancel the mutual exchange if all parties involved agree that they no longer wish to exchange.

However, if all tenancies/assignments have been signed and one party still wishes to continue, all parties will have to move.

You will not be able to cancel on or after the initial start date.

A new Assignment of Tenancy will need to be signed if all parties and landlords agree to cancel the exchange.

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry you didn't find this answer useful. Please tell us why this was the case so we can improve our response.

We can't reply to your feedback so please don't include any personal details.