Home Contents Insurance. Why do I need it?

If you're a tenant who rents, then your landlord may not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. So, it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, L&Q have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

For more information, please call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286.

To find out more, visit the Crystal Insurance website or to request a call back.


The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks, a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group. For information about what we do with personal information, please see our Privacy Policy at www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry you didn't find this answer useful. Please tell us why this was the case so we can improve our response.

We can't reply to your feedback so please don't include any personal details.