Do I have the Right to Acquire?

The Right to Acquire (RTA) is attached to the property and not the person.

You can apply to buy your housing association home if:

• you’ve had a public sector landlord for more than three years
• your property was built or bought by a housing association after 31 March 1997
• your property was funded through a social housing grant provided by the Housing Corporation or local council
• your property was transferred from the local council to a housing association after 31 March 1997
• your property is self-contained
• your property is your only or main home

You will not be eligible for RTA if:

• you're under a possession order or in breach of suspended order
• you have an undischarged bankrupt or have a bankruptcy pending
• you're in an arrangement with creditors and the terms remain unfulfilled

To apply or check if you're eligible for RTA, please contact our customer service centre on 0300 456 9996.

Did this answer your question?

Yes No

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry you didn't find this answer useful. Please tell us why this was the case so we can improve our response.

We can't reply to your feedback so please don't include any personal details.